Helping others helps your brain.
Helping others can also be an important part of maintaining our mental health. It can help reduce stress and improve mood – good for us and good for others! And remember, no grand gestures required. Helping in smaller ways can make a big impact. For example:
- Offer to shop or make a meal for someone
- Tell someone why you are thankful for them
- Learn more about a cause you are passionate about
- Consider volunteer opportunities
- Notice and give positive feedback (e.g., thank you note, positive online review, email to a colleague, etc.)