"What is good for your bicep is good for your brain."
Dr. Stan Kutcher
Regular physical activity provides multiple benefits for our physical and mental health. One of the best ways to de-stress is to get active. Being active during the day also helps the brain get ready for sleep at night. Physical activity can also play an important role in treatment for mental health problems and mental disorders.
Although vigorous exercise is best, any physical activity is better than none!
Start by making simple changes, such as:
- Go for a nature walk
- Walk or bike to school or work
- Take the stairs when available
- Take movement breaks during your day
- Take an exercise or dance class
- Try weight-bearing exercises
- Walk the dog
Remember: exercise is about keeping your body and brain strong for now and for the future.